8.25.2010

Pot Garden

I grew a little garden in some pots this year in the yard at the side of your old shed.  It was pretty good for a while and we definitely made the most of the basil plants which made my lunchtimes excellent by kicking my tomato sandwiches up a notch. BAM!  I grew 4 herbs, oregano, basil, thyme and the dreaded cilantro.  I hate cilantro but the lady digs it a lot.  Tragically Mr. Cilantro did not have enough pot (that'll make anyone unhappy) so he didn't really grow all that well and now he is nothing more than coriander seeds.  The tomato Plant grew big and tall and probably gave us about 9 tomatoes.  Three or Four were certainly not going to get eaten as they just looked bad and had some spots on them.  The one I did eat was yucky, and hopefully the rest will turn red soon and I can try again.    It's getting late in the season now and I am not sure if they will be good enough to eat or not but hey, if they're no good I can always throw them at some bleeding heart protesters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment