8.19.2010

The Best Day Ever (This Month)

So yesterday started out like your regular mundane everyday. (Without internet, t.v., telephone, or job)  And by the end of the day I was worried that I should stay inside in case I was struck by lightning.  That would have been the only thing that could have put a damper on my day.

So the first good thing in my day was waking up and playing with my smiley boy.  M.F. is a good time when he's not screaming about the lack of boob he's getting.

Second was that the phone started to work which then lead to the entertaining part of the day where we received about 10 phone calls from Bell which then resulted in us making 4 or 5 calls back to them to find out what the fuck was going on.  Typical of the reasons I left Bell in the first place.

Then the T.v. guy came to hook up our cable and give us a new PVR.  Bell cable is something new to me and I have lost some of my beloved channels (teletoon, Tsn).  Tsn isn't really lost but I don't feel I should have to pay for it since I don't really watch much except for OTR and since the host is a dink I won't really miss it.  Instead I'll experiment with Leafs Tv and Raptors Tv.   We have some new HD channels for free but my HD tv is an older model and I can't really tell if it will be worth it to pay for new HD channels.

Next up we received one of our many phone calls from bell and the person on the other end starts telling me about how they want to give us a promotional discount as new customers and that our service will be installed next Wednesday.  Whoa! Says I.  That shit is supposed to happen this afternoon.  So I hand the phone over to the lovely Lisa who is handling the setup of these services and she recognizes immediately that this is some telemarketer doing something called "assumptive closing"  She knows this having worked in a call center before and was trained to do this.  Then Lisa phones bell to find out WTF is up and as she is on the phone with them I go out and meet the internet guy that just pulled up.  He hooks things up and TADA!!! I'm back in the World of Warcraft (which i had been missing dearly as it was almost 16 hours since my last log  in =P )

So that's the the foundation for a pretty good day.  Then It happens.  1 Day after I had vowed to re-renew my job search.  The long distance phone ring......Lisa answers......smiles and says he's right here, hands me the phone and I hear a voice I was so scared I would never hear again.

"Chris! Rick Colton here, what are you doin?"
My responce in a very meek and frightened voice "uh, waiting for you?"
Rick in his ever fear inducing way: "are ya nervous?" 
me: "oh ya"
Rick: "Why?"

me: "I wasn't feeling to confident after my interview and then when there was no call on Monday or Tuesday I started to get worried."
Rick:  (knew I was at home freaking out) "Well I'm calling to let you know that we are going to hire you."
me:  "Oh thank you soooo much, that's great.  This is great."

He said he didn't know when I would hear from HR but figured at the beginning of September.
the Lovely Lisa immediately broke into tears, as did my mommy when I called her and told her, and then Lisa said "Don't you wanna come over here and kiss me?"  my reply "Fuck no! Lets go shopping and order a pizza!!"

...And that's all it takes to make my best day ever, being told my job search is over and I am embarking on my first real Career.  It's very exciting.  I can't wait to be a full fledged Instrumentation/Electrician


It Makes my boy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment